Once I had the body built, and a skirt attached, I knew that I needed to get a dome sitting on it ASAP. I decided that I’d stick to what was working, and build a composite dome. I thought that I could rough out an R6 Dome to be molded and cast in a weekend so that I’d have a place-holder piece to help visualize things as I moved forward. Of course, the weekend turned into a week.
I was asked recently about releasing Drawings and Files from this project. Although I am modeling most of my parts myself and the drawings are my own creation, they are based in a large part on Specs and Drawings that belong to the R2 Builders Club and I want to be careful about how I share some of this. The R6 dome, however, is my own design. Again, this is certainly built upon info found through the Builders Club, but I also used a number of freely available reference images and I feel that I can release the drawings without any worry.